My guest today, Monica Nyiraguhabwa, co-founder and executive director of Girl Up Uganda, is truly the epitome of a limitless woman. Growing up in a small village, she recognized that education was the key to escaping poverty. Yet girls were not afforded that opportunity. She tapped into her potential and determination to complete school and was awarded a scholarship to obtain her Master’s Degree from University College London. Now she’s helping other girls recognize their worth and helping them complete their education. Her generosity of spirit has impressed Oprah and The Obama Foundation and garnered support of celebrities around the globe. Join us to learn more about this one in a billion woman who will inspire you with her story.
Want to skip ahead? Episode Highlights
- [00:27] Find out from Laura what will be covered in today’s episode.
- [03:15] Listen to Monica share her story off growing up in Uganda and finding her way to London for college.
- [17:34] Learn from Monica how Girl Up Uganda was formed and where her passion comes from to devote her life to lifting up girls and women in Uganda.
- [28:00] Monica sharesthe exciting story meeting the Obamas, which will leave you feeling
- inspired and passionate to live as a limitless woman each day.